Friday 16 May 2008

Bowzer's Brilliant!

The opening of Bolsover's refurbished library was celebrated in style this week with the premiere of a specially commissioned poem 'A Gem of a Place' (all 320 lines of it!) performed to great acclaim by Pam Mosley, Michelle Simpson, Dale Shaw, Steve Sowerby and Stewart Wood from Bolsover Drama Group. Thanks to them, to the library staff and everyone who contributed to the poem.

Hopefully the text and a recording will be available in the next few months. Please contact me if you'd like a copy.
No photo of the library on-line so here's a Bolsover sunrise taken by Anna Wakeford.

2 comments:

Shellibelle said...

Hi River, it's Michelle! Soory it took so long to visit your page, I've been quite busy this week. Steve said we're to read the poem 3 more times, which should be great (though I don't know when!), and the library have sent us all £10 book tokens. I'm going to get copy of the DVD Chris made, and Pam told me about the CD you're sending, so I'm looking forward to hearing that, too. xx

River Wolton said...

Hi Michelle
Sorry it took a while for me to respond! Glad you got the tokens and thanks again for the great performance at the Library. The first CD cracked in the post but I've sent another one to Neil.I think it sounds good - let me know what you think and hope to see you soon. xRiver